What is Turnstile Gate and Why is it Important?
In today's world, security is one of the most important concerns for all of us. It is important to keep our surroundings and our belongings safe and secure. In order to maintain safety, turnstile gates have become an essential component of modern security systems. In this article, we will explore what a turnstile gate is and why it is important in security systems.
What is a Turnstile Gate?
A turnstile gate is a type of gate or barrier that is used to manage the entry and exit of people in a controlled manner. It is commonly used in various settings such as airports, railway stations, amusement parks, stadiums, and museums, among others. A turnstile gate works by allowing only one person at a time to pass through the gate. There are two or more arms that rotate in a horizontal or vertical direction to allow entry only to authorized persons.
Types of Turnstile Gates
There are different types of turnstile gates available in the market, each serving a specific purpose. Some of the commonly used types of turnstile gates are:
1. Tripod Turnstiles: These are the most basic type of turnstile gates and are typically used in low-security areas such as offices or libraries. These gates have three arms that rotate in a vertical direction to allow entry.
2. Full-Height Turnstiles: These gates are highly secure and are commonly used in high-security areas such as prisons or military bases. They have full-height doors that physically block anyone from entering unless authorized.
3. Optical Turnstiles: These turnstile gates use optical sensors to detect a person's movement and allow entry only if the person has a valid access card.
4. Flap Barriers: These barriers are commonly used in high-security areas that require fast and efficient entry and exit. They use a motorized flap that opens and closes rapidly to allow access.
5. Waist-High Turnstiles: These gates are commonly used in areas where a moderate level of security is required, such as a sports stadium. They have waist-high arms that rotate in a horizontal direction to allow entry and exit.
Why Turnstile Gates are Important?
Turnstile gates play a critical role in ensuring the safety and security of people and belongings. Here are some of the reasons why turnstile gates are important in security systems:
1. Control and Monitoring: Turnstile gates allow security personnel to monitor the entry and exit of people. They also allow them to control who enters and exits the premises.
2. Prevent Unauthorized Entry: Turnstile gates prevent unauthorized persons from entering the premises. They also help in controlling the flow of people and ensure that only authorized persons have access to restricted areas.
3. Increase Efficiency: Turnstile gates help in increasing the efficiency of entry and exit procedures. They eliminate the need for additional security personnel to manually check each person's credentials.
4. Enhance Safety: Turnstile gates help in enhancing safety by preventing overcrowding in public places. They also allow emergency personnel to evacuate people quickly and efficiently.
5. Cost-Effective: Turnstile gates are cost-effective in the long run as they reduce the need for additional security personnel. They also help in preventing theft and damage to property.
Turnstile gates have become an integral part of modern security systems. They are a simple yet effective way to manage the entry and exit of people in a controlled manner. Turnstile gates not only prevent unauthorized entry but also help in enhancing safety, increasing efficiency, and reducing costs. Therefore, it is important to choose the right type of turnstile gate based on the level of security required..